After school programs for youth at Minneapolis Public Schools locations
Promoting families healthy growth and development through education, support and community building.
Adult Enrichment Academics
Adult Enrichment Health, Wellness & Safety
Adult Enrichment Writing
Adult Enrichment Yoga & Mind-Body Practices
Spend quality time with your child learning and playing together. Parent discussion will examine topics through the lens of fatherhood. Explore the joys and challenges of being a dad.
ECFE Summer 2020 Offerings
An opportunity to provide a culturally and linguistically specific ECFE experience to families from Afghanistan.
An opportunity to provide a culturally and linguistically specific ECFE experience to families from India.
Here's your chance to spend some uninterrupted time together participating in toddler-friendly activities that support growth and development.
Give the gift of learning. Gift vouchers can be purchased in a variety of denominations and can be used for most Community Education Youth & Adult Enrichment classes. Some restrictions apply.
2024 Historic Galena & Dubuque
Join historian Dave Bredemus on this beautiful ride discovering historic towns and locations along the Upper Mississippi River .Tour towns that are creations of 18th and 19th century America. Classic river towns that emerged in the days of keelboats and steamboats when the Mississippi River was the symbol of the Western Frontier. Many of the towns that we will visit proceeded the states that now embrace them: Galena was founded before Illinois, Prairie De Chien came before Wisconsin and Dubuque formed before Iowa became a state.
Current Itinerary includes:
* Tour of Ulysses S Grant House
* Guided walk around the Julien Inn area
* Historic Mathias Ham House in Dubuque
* Fenelon Place Elevator Ride (shortest & steepest railway in the world)
* Tour of St. Luke’s United Methodist Church Dubuque which has one of the largest collections of Tiffany stained-windows in the world
* Dinner at the oldest restaurant in Iowa, Breitbach Country Dining Restaurant
* Tour of the National Brewery Museum
* Dinner at Potosi Brewery
* Historic city bus tours of Guttenberg, McGregor and, Dubuque IA, Galena IL, Prairie de Chien WI and many other small towns as we travel on both sides of the Great River Road along the Upper Mississippi River
* Walking tour of Galena IL, the Queen City of the Upper Mississippi with hundreds of pre-1850s structures.
* See the site where the founder of Saint Paul, MN, Father Lucian Galtier is buried
Includes Motor Coach transportation and two nights lodging at the Historic Julian Inn in Dubuque, Iowa. Includes: Bakery stop, Friday Dinner in Dubuque, Saturday Dinner at the oldest restaurant in Iowa, Breitbach Country Dining Restaurant, and Sunday Dinner at one of the Upper Midwest best supper clubs. Breakfast and lunch are on your own. Ages 21+.
Board Bus: Friday, May 17th, 7:45 am
Departure: Friday, May 17th, 8:15 am with bakery stop included
Departs from: Southwest High School (3414 W. 47th Street). Chowen Ave. parking lot on between 46th and 47th Streets.
Return: Sunday, May 19th @ 8:00 PM
NOTE: Any cancelations after April 1st, 2024, will be refunded less $5 if we are able to fill the spot from our wait list. Tranfer of registration is a great option.
If tour is full, please enroll for the waitlist. We will contact you if a space becomes available.
Dave Bredemus was born and raised in Saint Paul, Minnesota. After attending schools in Saint Paul he graduated from St. Cloud State University with a teaching degree in history and social studies. He taught junior high social studies and was an administrator with Community Education in Saint Paul for 38 years.
Dave developed a tour program for adults starting at 1981. Dave has done hundreds of day trips and many overnight trips covering every state in the United States. He has led 17 trips to Europe. Dave has also led educational trips to Mexico, Cuba and other Caribbean locations. The trips are an educational experience exploring history, geography, and cultures in a fun and interesting way.