FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
- How do I cancel a class for which I am registered?
- I had an account in the old Community Education registration system. Do I need to create a new one?
- What discounts are available for Adult Enrichment classes?
- What is the best way to reach the coordinator to ask a question about an adult enrichment class?
- What is the best way to search for a class?
To cancel a class, you must call the site hosting your class. If it is at least three business days before the class begins, you will get a refund (minus a processing fee $5 of for adult enrichment classes and $15 for summer youth programs). Find the site contact information here.
Full refunds are given if we cancel a class.
Yes, we have moved to a brand new system. If this is your first time to our new system, you will need to create a new username and password.
To take a discount on a class, you must register by mail or call the site offering the class. Contact UsDiscounts are not given on material fees and are not applicable to ACCESS and ed2go classes or on recreation trips and tours.
- A 25% discount can be applied if you are 62 or older
- Can be taken online if you have a birthday entered in your profile.
- No senior discounts are given for 55+ classes. Those classes are already discounted.
Other discounts available on most classes. Material fees are not discounted:
- Social Security Assistance: 25%
- Unemployment Compensation: 25%
- MFIP: 25%
- UCare Members: $15 per class. You must have UCare insurance and include your UCare ID when registering.
- UCare Medicare members are eligible for three $15 discounts per calendar year.
- UCare Individual & Family plan members are eligible for three $15 discounts per calendar year.
- Minnesota Health Care Program members with UCare are eligible for an unlimited number of $15 per class discounts.
- Minneapolis Public Schools staff discount
- You must call the site offering the class to receive this discount. Contact Us
- Senior Discounts:
You can call the Community Education location directly with information from our Contact Us Page.
There are a few ways you can search or browse for a class.
- If you know the title of the class or specific search terms, enter these terms in the search box at the top of the page.
- Clicking on the magnifying glass while the search field is empty will bring up an advanced search menu.
- Course information is separated by program area followed by categories. To search by program click on the button at the top of the page. You can then click on the program in the blue banner and then on the category of interest and then .
- Clicking on the rectangular Program Icons will also bring you to the program categories and a button.
Still have questions?
Feel free to contact us with what's on your mind.